Let us help you achieve your academic goals.
When choosing a college, it’s smart to consider several options. When choosing a student loan, you only need to look at one—Camden National Bank. We created our Private Education Loan to help students bridge the gap between college savings, any financial aid they may receive and the total cost of tuition.
Portal for students to check their application status or resume previous application.
Portal for cosigners with steps to complete the cosigner portion of the application.
Learn more about the application process by completing a brief, free course provided by the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME).
Why this loan?
- Competitive rates and fees - Application & Solicitation Disclosure
- Maine based loan with a local community partner—us!
Am I eligible?
- You must be enrolled at least half time in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- School certification is required.
- You must meet credit standards (with or without a cosigner).
- Maine residents going to Maine or out-of-state colleges and universities are eligible.
- Out-of-state residents attending Maine colleges and universities are eligible.
How much can I borrow?
- Maximum loan amount: Cost minus aid (maximum $40,000 per year, $200,000 total)
- Minimum loan amount: $1,500
When do I need to start repaying my loan?
Many repayment options are available:
- You can start payments of principal and interest right away.
- You can defer payments of principal and interest while you are enrolled in school at least half time. Principal and interest payments begin following a six month grace period after you leave school.
- You can defer payments of principal, and make interest only payments while you are enrolled in school at least half time. Full principal and interest payments begin following a six month grace period after you leave school.
- You can defer payments of principal, and some interest, and make partial interest only payments while you are enrolled in school at least half time. Full principal and interest payments begin following a six month grace period after you leave school.
- Ask us for details about all of your repayment options.
Consumer loans are available to qualified applicants who meet our current loan underwriting guidelines.