- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our websites and apps that are not included in the Online Services, and these other third parties, have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
- Our Online Services are intended for a U.S. audience within Camden’s footprint. If you download, install, register with, access, or use any Online Service, your information may be transferred to or processed in the United States of America.
- Our Online Services are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent. Please see the Children Under the Age of 13 section below.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Online Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at (800) 860-8821.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Online Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Online Services.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, install, register with, access or use any Online Service, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, account number, social security number, username and password, payment card information, driver’s license number or other state or federally issued identification number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (collectively, “personal information”).
- Other information that does not identify you individually.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and data set requests in the Online Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use an Online Service and requesting products or services via an Online Service. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with an Online Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Online Services.
- Your search queries on the Online Services.
We may also collect information about you from other online and offline sources, including Camden business partners and credit reporting agencies. We may combine this information with personal and other information we have collected from or about you via the Online Services.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, install, register with, access, or use an Online Service, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use an Online Service, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Online Service, including communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Online Service.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files / Location Data. The Online Services may request access to certain components of your device or other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, requests to access your device’s camera (App only), personal contacts, address book information, photos/media/files, device storage, and location data. The purposes of requesting access to this information is to simplify your user experience, improve our services, provide services that require this information, as well as to provide additional security to protect your account.
More specifically, (a) personal contacts and address book information is used as a way to add recipients to available payment methods, such as Zelle®, (b) location data is used to direct you to the closest Camden branch or ATM based on the real-time location of your device, (c) access to photos/media/files and device storage are required to use mobile deposit services and for the user to attach a file to a secure message sent via the Online Services, and (d) access to a device’s camera is required to use mobile deposit services (App only).
It is important for you to understand that: (i) before granting access to the device components or information noted above, your device will prompt you to give the Online Service permission to access such components or information, unless you have turned off these prompts/preferences in your device settings; (ii) if you do not wish to grant that permission, you may decline; and (iii) if you later change your mind, those permissions may be updated in your device’s settings.
If you do not want us to collect Usage Details or Device Information, do not download, install, register with, access or use the Online Services. If you do not want us to access your device’s Stored Information and Files or Location Data, you may decline the device’s prompts for request for access to same, or decline such access in your device preferences. Please note, however, that declining the App’s use of your device camera or any Online Service’s access to your device’s personal contacts, photos/media/files, device storage or location data will make some of the App’s or other Online Service’s (as applicable) features and services unavailable to you.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your computer or smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your computer or smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Online Services.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and other Online Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Camden, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app or service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app or service content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with the Online Services and their contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with marketing communications regarding information on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To give you notices and information regarding changes to our terms and conditions, policies and other administrative matters.
- To personalize your experience on the Online Services.
- To enable you to apply for Camden products or services (including, for example, to apply for a mortgage or credit card, or to open a checking or savings account) and to evaluate your eligibility for such products or services.
- To verify your identity and to assist us in protecting account security and preventing fraud.
- To allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer such activities. Some of these activities have additional rules and regulations, which may contain additional information regarding how personal information is used and shared.
- For our business purposes, including, but not limited to, data analysis, audits, developing and improving our products and services, and identifying usage trends.
- For risk control, fraud detection and prevention, and to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process and law enforcement requirements.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To give you notices about your account(s).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you when updates for the Online Services are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Online Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Online Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Online Services.
We use location information we collect to direct you to the closest Camden branch or ATM.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Camden’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Camden about our Online Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Camden, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Online Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block or decline the use of location information, some parts of the Online Services may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Stored Information and Files; Camera. You can choose whether or not to allow the Online Services to access your device’s camera, personal contacts, address book information, photos/media/files, and device storage through the device’s privacy settings. If you decline an Online Service’s access to these components and files, certain services included in the Online Service will not be available to you (e.g., mobile deposit is not available if the App does not have access to your device’s camera).
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through the Online Services. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures intended to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to any Online Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Online Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We retain and delete data in accordance with laws and regulations applicable to Camden.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
or via our toll-free number: